Port of Skamania County, Board of Commissioners
July 20, 2021, 5 p.m.
Due to the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 virus and in compliance with the Washington State Governor’s Office Stay-At-Home Order and Proclamation 20-28, this meeting will be held online via Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Zoom Meeting ID: 817 5323 2482
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Call to Order
Public Comment – Any written comments received before the meeting.
Items will be considered and approved on a single motion. Any Commissioner may, by request, remove an item from the agenda prior to approval.
Approval of the Minutes
2. Approval of Pre-Issued Vouchers General Fund Vouchers
o 20618-20633 $14,120.97 (6-23-2021)
o 20634-20658 $79,564.31 (7-7-2021)
3. Approval of General Fund Voucher
o 20659-20682 $55,373.74 (7-21-2021)
–MOTION – to approve the consent agenda items 1 through 3 as presented.
Commissioner & Staff Reports
· Commission Update
· Manager’s Report
· Facilities Update
· Finance Manager’s Report- June Financial Reports
· Attorney’s Report
New Business & Administrative Approvals
· Discussion – TowerCo update
· Discussion /Action – Resolution 8-2021 Banking Services – 8-2021 ResolutionAuthorizing Executive Director Banking Service Agreement
–MOTION– to adopt Resolution 8-2021 directing Executive Director Albaugh to enter into a Professional Services Agreement with ______________________Bank to provide primary banking services for the Port of Skamania County.
· Discussion / Action – Resolution 9-2021 Investment of Funds – 9-2021 Authorize Funds Investments
–MOTION—to adopt Resolution 9-2021 Authorizing the Amendment to Resolution 3-2021 investment authority and designating a Port Treasurer.
· Discussion / Action – Cash Handling Policy
–MOTION to accept the Port of Skamania County Cash Handling Policy and Procedures as presented.
· Discussion / Action – Resolution 10-2021 Personnel Manual Revision for Pay Practices – 10-2021 Resolution Amending Personnel Policy
pg 31 Personnel Manual Update
–MOTION to adopt Resolution 10-2021 amending the Port Personnel Manual page 31 Pay Practices section amending paydays and paycheck options.
· Discussion / Action – Teitzel Lease Suite C-10 – Jacqueline Lemon – – A Touch of Lemon
–MOTION— to ratify the lease between the Port of Skamania and Jacqueline Lemon doing business as A Touch of Lemon for the space known as Suite C-10 in the Teitzel Building on a month-to-month basis. The monthly lease rate is $250.00 plus Washington State Leasehold Tax. The Commission acknowledges the security deposit in the amount of $500.00 is less than the 1-year statutory deposit.
· Discussion / Action – Tichenor Lease Suite 110 – Skamania County Council on Domestic Violence
–MOTION— to approve the lease between the Port of Skamania and the Skamania County Council on Domestic Violence for the space known as Suite 110 in the Tichenor Building for a five-year lease with the option to renew for an additional five-year term. The monthly lease rate is $1,850.00 plus Washington State Leasehold Tax. The Commission acknowledges the security deposit of $3,700.00 is less than the 1-year statutory Deposit.
· Discussion /Action – Skamania Economic Development Council Shared Services Quarterly Contract Review.
–MOTION— to approve the performance of the 2nd Quarter Skamania Economic Development Council Shared Services Contract.
Executive Session Per RCW 42.30.110
Next Meeting: August 17th Regular Meeting 5:00 pm