Port of Skamania County, Board of Commissioners
October 19, 2021, 5 p.m.
Due to the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 virus and in compliance with the Washington State Governor’s Office Stay-At-Home Order and Proclamation 20-28, this meeting will be held online via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting At: Join Zoom Link
Meeting ID: 860 2305 2695
One tap mobile +12532158782
Dial by your location +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Call to Order
Public Comment – Any written comments received before the meeting.
Items will be considered and approved on a single motion. Any Commissioner may, by request, remove an item from the agenda prior to approval.
1. Approval of the Minutes
· September 21/2021 Minutes
2. Approval of Pre-Issued General Fund Vouchers (4-28-2021)
· 20527-20542 $16,166.66 (04-28-2021)
3. Approval of Pre-Issued General Fund Vouchers $47,093.41 (10/05/2021)
· 21001 -21022 New Account (Checking)
· Four (4) Electronic Fund (EFT)
4. Approval of General Fund Vouchers $61,417.81 (10/20/2021)
· 21023-21041 (Checks)
· Nine (9) EFT Transactions
–-MOTION—to approve the consent agenda items 1 through 4 as presented.
Commissioner & Staff Reports
· Commission Update
· Manager’s Report
· Facilities Update
· Attorney’s Report
· Finance Manager’s Report— September Financial Report
New Business & Administrative Approvals
· Discussion – Budget Review
· Discussion – SEDC 2022 Professional Services Contract
· Discussion – SEDC 2022 Shared Services Contract
· Discussion – Draft Building Concept for Grant Application North Bonneville
· Discussion – Columbia Riverside Lodge Easement Agreement
· Discussion / Action – 2019 & 2020 Accountability Audit conducted by the Washington State Auditors
–MOTION— to acknowledge the Washington State Accountability Audit for 2019 & 2020 as conducted by the Washington State Auditor to ensure Port operations complied, in all material respects, with applicable state laws, regulations, and its own policies, and provided adequate controls over the safeguarding of public resources.
· Discussion / Action – Resolution 12-2021 Deposit Exception
–MOTION—to adopt Resolution 12-2021 exempting daily deposit requirements as per RCW 49.09.240 allowing one deposit a week at a minimum.
· Discussion / Action –14-2021 Auth Pre-Issued Warrant – Increase
–-MOTION— to adopt Resolution 14-2021 increasing the Pre-Issued Warrant Limit to nine hundred fifty thousand dollars ($950,000).
· Discussion / Action – Tichenor Use Agreement Suite 70 E Phloem Studios LLC
–MOTION— to approve a month-to-month use agreement between the Port of Skamania and Phloem Studios, LLC for the space known as Suite 70E in the Tichenor Building beginning November 1, 2021, with the lease rate of $127.50 plus Washington State Leasehold tax. There will be no additional security deposit which the Commission acknowledges is less than the 1-year statutory deposit.
· Discussion / Action – Tichenor Lease Gates, Xavier Lease Suite 90B
–MOTION— to ratify a month-to-month lease between the Port of Skamania and Xavier Gate for the space known as Suite 90B in the Tichenor Building beginning October 15, 2021, with the lease rate of $153.00 plus Washington State Leasehold tax. The Commission acknowledges the security deposit of $306.00 is less than the 1-year statutory deposit.
Old Business & Administrative Approvals
Executive Session Per RCW 42.30.110
Next Meeting: November 16, 2021 Regular Meeting 5:00 pm