Port of Skamania County, Board of Commissioners
January 18, 2022
Due to the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 virus and in compliance with the Washington State Governor’s Office Stay-At-Home Order and Proclamation 20-28, this meeting will be held online via Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting Link to Join Webinar
Meeting ID: 865 3228 8201
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 865 3228 8201
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kDihSrJxa
Call to Order
Public Comment – Any written comments received before the meeting.
Recognize – Ray Broughton’s Oath Re-elected Commissioner 6 year term
Election of Officers (Presently: Kingston as Chair, Broughton as Vice Chair, Taylor as Secretary )
–MOTION – to nominate ________________________as President,
__________________as Vice-President and
__________________ as Secretary.
Commissioners Appointed to Local Boards
Skamania County EDC (Presently: Broughton)
WPPA Board of Trustees (Presently: Taylor)
–MOTION – for the following commissioners to serve as Port of Skamania representative on the community committees as:
Commissioner ____________________to serve on the Skamania County EDC Board and
Commissioner ____________________to serve on the WPPA Board of Trustees.
Items will be considered and approved on a single motion. Any Commissioner may, by request, remove an item from the agenda prior to approval.
1. Approval of the Minutes
· November 22, 2021 Minutes
· December 14, 2021 Minutes
2. Approval of PreIssued General Fund Vouchers $34,322.73 (12/20/2021)
· 21113-21120 New Account (Checking)
· Four (4) Electronic Fund (EFT)
3. Approval of PreIssued General Fund Vouchers $9,257.24 (12/30/2021)
· 21121-21127 New Account (Checking)
4. Approval of General Fund Vouchers $161,501.99 (1/20/2022)
· 21132-21159 New Account (Checking)
Nine (9) Electronic Fund (EFT)
5. Beacon Rock Golf Course – Rates & Fee Changes
6. Surplus Port Asset – Case 580 Super L Loader -Backhoe S/N JJG0195393
–MOTION—to approve the consent agenda items 1 through 7 as presented.
· Hearing Called to Order
· Public Comment
· Hearing Closed
Commissioner & Staff Reports
· Commission Update
· Manager’s Report – BRGC- Bid-1-17-22
· Facilities Update
· Finance Manager’s Report— December Financials
· Attorney’s Report
New Business & Administrative Approvals
· Discussion – Green Asset Lease
Discussion /Action – Resolution 1-2022 Authority to Sign Warrants
–MOTION– to approve Resolution 1-2022 to authorize Pat Albaugh and Commissioner ________________to sign warrants.
· Discussion /Action – Resolution 2-2022 Authorization Pre-Issued Vouchers
— MOTION — to approve Resolution 2-2022 providing for the Issuance of Warrants not to exceed $750,000
· Discussion /Action – Resolution 3-2022 Authorize Investment of funds
–MOTION– to approve Resolution 3-2022 to authorize Pat Albaugh, Monica Masco, Cindy Bradley, and Commissioner Vice-President
_________________to order Investment of Funds.
· Discussion /Action – Resolution 4-2022 Appointment of Agent to Receive Claims for Damages per RCW 4.96.020
–MOTION– to approve Resolution 4-2022 to appoint Director Pat Albaugh as the agent to receive claims for damages.
· Discussion / Action- Resolution 5-2022 Port Commissioner Compensation
–MOTION– to approve Resolutions 5 – 2022 acknowledging the Port Commissioner Compensation rate for $285 Per Diem.
· Discussion /Action – Resolution 6-2022 Selling Surplus Property less than $10,000
–MOTION– to approve Resolution 6-2022 authorizing Port Executive Director Pat Albaugh to Sell and Convey Surplus Property with less than $10,000 value.
· Discussion / Action – Resolution 7-2022 Port Commissioner Re-Districting Boundaries Exhibit A Resolution 7-2022
–MOTION– to adopt Resolution 7-2022 accepting the Redistricting Boundaries as designated.
· Discussion / Action – Skamania Economic Development Council Shared Services 2021 Contract Review
–MOTION—to approve the performance of the Skamania Economic Development Council Shared Services Contract for 2021.
· Discussion / Action- Lease AMENDMENT 4 Total Shield Inc Name Change to Cochinito Inc
–MOTION to approve Amendment 4 recognizing the name change for TotalShield Inc to Cochinito Inc as presented.
· Discussion / Action – Teitzel Lease Suite C2 & C3 Correna Smith 1-1-2022
–MOTION to ratify a month-to-month lease between the Port of Skamania County and Correna Smith in the Teitzel Building for Suite C-2 & C3 at a monthly lease rate
of $317.10 per month plus Washington State Leasehold Excise tax. The board acknowledges that the $634.20 security deposit is less than the 1 – year statutory
Old Business & Administrative Approvals
Executive Session Per RCW 42.30.110
Next Meeting: February 15, 2022 Regular Meeting 5:00 pm