The master planning process identified eleven programming areas for possible uses of the site as summarized below.
- The Forest Reserve – Natural areas maintained, with some reforestation to provide a buffer for surrounding forest research areas.
- Skamania Farms – Development of agricultural fields and production opportunities.
- Wind River Institute – A coalition of researchers in forestry and agriculture, including universities, PNWRS, the Experimental Forest, and other public/private partnerships.
- Cascadia Learning Center – Nature-based educational programs and facilities for children and adults.
- Martha Creek Camp – Recreation and educational use, with cabins, bunkhouses, tent platforms, or yurts.
- The Inn at Wind River – A rustic retreat lodge, conference center, and/or resort facility.
- The Cascade Event Grounds – A community gathering space appropriate for arts, sports, or cultural events.
- Community Social Services – Includes the possibility for vocational training, teen services, or rehabilitation facilities.
- The Work Yard – County and community-based uses, including public programs, training, and storage.
- The Hemlock Business Campus – Use of existing and new buildings for offices, agricultural processing, small business incubators, warehouse and storage.
- Pacific Crest Estates – A housing program for single family residential use of the site.